Friday, May 25, 2012

Greetings all -

    This is my first post to my first blog endeavor. I plan to use this a repository of sorts for things I'm interested in, namely, of a historical and resource preservation-related nature. I am very interested in issues of the trans-Appalachian frontier and Indians so you'll likely see a good deal of stuff related to that like photo's of sites, documents and research. I am also learning the amazing art of flintlock gunsmithing and I plan on posting lots of info about this and my (mis-)adventures into that realm.

    I also use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) fairly extensively for research so you may see some of my projects here. These include overlays of historic maps on modern topography and resource inventories.

   And finally, I have quite a passion for music. I've played guitar for close to 20 years and I've been torturing myself over past couple of years learning to play Pedal Steel guitar. I don't really play out as much as I used to, but I hope to one day. Thus, you may see posts related to such themes occasionally.

   So, be patient as I figure this out - I think it should be fun. I'm looking forward to it (especially since I really do hate Facebook). Also - I reserve the right to update old posts as I see fit, so do check back often. Sources, maps, etc. will always be cited appropriately and the locations of historic sites (unless the public is allowed) will never be disclosed in full detail.

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment